Ratmod - by the rats, for the rats
This is documentation for ratmod/RatArena - an open source mod for Open Arena (OA) which is a Quake 3 Arena clone. RatArena is a mod for OpenArena for both competitive and casual gameplay.
It adds many new features and quality improvements, among them are:
- delagged projectiles
- improved local prediction of various game events as well as other anti-lag features
- latency equalizer for maximum fairness (optional)
- new gametypes: Multitournament (multiple simultaneous duels), Extermination (Wipeout), FreezeTag, CoinFFA, CoinTDM, Treasure Hunter
- missiles can go through teleporters
- grenades are pushed by jumppads
- highly configurable brightskins or bright player outlines (can be disabled)
- ping feature to help coordinating in team games
- friend markers that are visible through walls and indicate health/armor status
- improved map vote menu
- configurable map vote at the end of games
- improved HUD with widescreen support
- new, high-res icons
- new font
- other 2d upgrades
- new awards (medals)
- new announcer
- team queue system to enforce equal team sizes
- team balance system
- improved weapon visuals (e.g. rail, rockets, lightning gun, grenades, ..)
- pause/unpause feature
- physics improvements
- physics settings: additive jump, rampjump, ratmode (more aircontrol), etc.
- numerous bugfixes and quality improvements
- ...and much more!
Navigate to different pages using the navigation links.